We are growing!
NatureKids BC has big plans to ensure everybody knows that kids belong in nature. To help us grow our impact, we’re seeking a team member who’ll work in collaboration with our Executive Director to raise more revenue through a variety of fund development activities. This contract (one-year to start with) is particularly is suitable for a result-oriented fundraiser who wants a part-time position (22.5 hours per week) based from home.
The job description is posted on Charity Village’s website.
NatureKids BC seeks an ambitious, innovative and results-oriented fundraiser with demonstrated experience in fundraising and relationship-building who will develop and promote a diverse range of fundraising activities and projects in support of our fundraising strategy and revenue generation.
You will report to and work in collaboration with the Executive Director. As a central part of our small development team, you will be involved in delivering many elements of our fundraising plan including planning and implementing fundraising strategies through acquisition, cultivation and stewardship of foundations, Government, corporate and individual donors. The focus will be on new fundraising opportunities. Tasks include researching, developing proposals and applying for grant and sponsorship opportunities, coordinating annual giving activities, playing a role in managing NatureKids BC’s funder and donor relationships, and developing donor solicitation materials.
You must be outstanding at building relationships, meeting revenue goals on time, demonstrating exceptional research, organizational and communications skills, and have a solid working knowledge of fundraising principles and practices.
This contract position is well suited for someone looking for a part-time role and the contractor will work from their home office in BC and provide their own tools. We are seeking to fill this position as soon as possible.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Meet all fundraising strategy targets, timelines and income projections.
- Research, identify, and manage a mixed portfolio of funders (foundations, governments, corporate and individual donors) to best practice standards, ensuring reporting deadlines are met, terms and conditions for grants are satisfied, grant income is collected efficiently when due and donor satisfaction and retention remains an ongoing priority.
- Attract, build and develop relationships with new funders and donors to secure long-term and increased funding.
- Create and implement a membership development strategy.
- Maintain and update our contact database.
- Prepare briefing materials, compelling cases for support and related materials.
- Contribute to NatureKids BC’s website, social media and publications as needed.
- Help report, make decisions and set goals based on data and performance metrics.
- Participate in team meetings and strategy sessions as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field with 3 to 5 years of related experience.
- Strong communications skills with demonstrated diplomacy and sound judgment.
- Ability to relate to and motivate prospective funders and donors.
- Experience with the principles of effective donor cultivation and solicitation.
- Dynamic and innovative new business development, research, and prospecting skills.
- Strong business writing skills, including experience with grant proposals, business plans, and promotional materials.
- Knowledge of Word and Excel, and relevant donor database expertise.
- Able to lead, work in a team setting, and work independently.