Join our Team! We’re hiring a summer Communications & Research Assistant
Type: Full-time, 3 month, contract (Jun-Aug2020) Possible extension to Feb 2021 Hours: 35 Location: remote from home, and team meetings via tech Compensation: $16.00/hour Reports to: Executive Director
About NatureKids BC: NatureKids BC (NKBC) is a registered charity that helps children ages 5-12 get outdoors to explore, play, learn about and take action for nature. We do this through an award-winning network of Nature Clubs that extends across BC. Together with our volunteer club leaders, nature mentors and donors, we share a vision of working together to help children develop a love of nature, a lifelong connection to the natural world, and build the environmental literacy and skills to take action for nature.
The student’s work will advance the public profile of the NatureKids BC, and promote tourism and engagement of diverse groups in nature-related activities. The primary tasks are:
- a) provide an online presence respond to public queries,through social media and email correspondence
- b) represent NatureKids at special events in the community, as appropriate
- c) conduct research, data entry and analysis for NatureKids programs that help protect the environment (e.g. Citizen Science, Passport to Nature),
- d) assist with NatureKids office tasks, including basic bookkeeping, updating the website, managing social media, and transcribing or scanning documents;
- e) interactions with the various member nature clubs throughout BC;
- f) website work and social media
- g) undertake research and communications projects
- h) assist in developing and organizing education display materials,review and recommend outreach approach based on public health guidelines moving forward
The Outreach, Research and Education Assistant will work on career-related tasks, including
public outreach, supporting a network of volunteers, communications, historical research and
educational resource development.
- Post-secondary education in communications, science, or humanities
- An interest in parks and nature
- Enthusiasm for kids and families’ access to nature for learning, play, exploration and stewardship
- Good communication skills through written, spoken and visual display; experience with communications planning, internal organizational reporting and analysis, content creation for public relations, public outreach is an asset
- Well organized, able to work independently, efficiently, accurately
- Able to establish and maintain careful organization of work tasks; and
- Well experienced with computer programs, including Microsoft Word and Excel, and design software, and social media platforms.
Start date can begin June 1, 2020.
Email your resume, cover letter and references by 4:00 pm May 28, 2020 to Executive Director, NatureKids BC at firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject: Communications and Research Assistant.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
- S Prev