NatureKids BC is currently recruiting for a Treasurer to join our Board! This is a great opportunity to gain valuable/rewarding experience working with a non-profit organization. Note that this position can be conducted remotely from anywhere in BC.
Time Commitment: Approximately 10 to 15 hours monthly on average (preparation and review of financial records, attendance at meetings and consultation), including time as the Treasurer and a Board member generally. Board meetings are held every other month, except during the summer (with the occasional addition of a “special meeting”). Directors may attend in person (meetings are typically held in the lower mainland) or by teleconference/Skype. There is a day-long retreat for Directors in April each year.
Term: One year, elected annually at the Annual General Meeting or otherwise appointed during the year.
Duties: The Treasurer will act as a Director of the Board and, in addition, be responsible for the following:
- Oversight and preparation of financial records, as are necessary to comply with applicable laws;
- Oversight of banking, payment of bills, and managing of funds for the Society;
- Acting as a signing officer for the Society;
- Rendering of financial statements on a quarterly basis to the Board, Membership, and others as required;
- Preparation and completion of necessary filings to maintain the society’s non-profit status under the Society Act, and charitable organization status under the Federal Income Tax Act;
- Development of financial policies and procedures for the Society.
- Current knowledge of accounting practices;
- Accounting designation;
- Positive attitude, willingness to be flexible and an openness to learning;
- Experience with charitable organizations and governance, or willingness to learn;
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and best practices, or willingness to learn;
- Strong communication skills; and
- The ability to work well both independently and as a part of a diverse team.
If you think you would be a good fit for the organization, we would love to hear from you! Please send your resume to email@example.com.