VOLUNTEER POSTING: Directors (Board of Directors)
NatureKids BC is currently recruiting for Directors to join our Board! This is a great opportunity to gain valuable/rewarding experience working with a non-profit organization. Note that these positions can be conducted remotely from anywhere in BC.
The Directors set the strategic direction for the organization and are collectively accountable to the NatureKids community, funders and other stakeholders. Directors are accountable for NatureKids BC’s performance in relation to its mission and strategic objectives and for the effective stewardship of financial and human resources.
Time Commitment: 5 to 10 hours monthly on average (preparation, meetings and consultation). Board meetings are held every other month, except during the summer (with the occasional addition of a “special meeting”). Directors may attend in person (meetings are typically held in the lower mainland) or by teleconference/Skype. There is a day-long retreat for Directors in April each year.
Term: One year, elected annually at the Annual General Meeting or otherwise appointed during the year.
- Enthusiasm for NatureKids BC’s mission and strategic direction;
- Knowledge of the Child in Nature movement and community;
- Positive attitude, willingness to be flexible and an openness to learning;
- Experience with charitable organizations and governance, or willingness to learn;
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and best practices, or willingness to learn;
- Strong communication skills; and
- The ability to work well both independently and as a part of a diverse team.
If you think you would be a good fit for the organization, we would love to hear from you! Please submit your resume along with your application to email@example.com.