VOLUNTEER POSTING: Directors (Board of Directors)
NatureKids BC is currently recruiting for Directors to join our Board! This is a great opportunity to gain valuable/rewarding experience working with a non-profit organization. Note that these positions can be conducted remotely from anywhere in BC.
The Directors set the strategic direction for the organization and are collectively accountable to the NatureKids community, funders and other stakeholders. Directors are accountable for NatureKids BC’s performance in relation to its mission and strategic objectives and for the effective stewardship of financial and human resources.
Time Commitment: 5 to 10 hours monthly on average (preparation, meetings and consultation). Board meetings are held every other month, except during the summer (with the occasional addition of a “special meeting”). Directors may attend in person (meetings are typically held in the lower mainland) or by teleconference/Skype. There is a day-long retreat for Directors in April each year.
Term: One year, elected annually at the Annual General Meeting or otherwise appointed during the year.
General Member at Large director roles are available. In addition, specific focus on Marketing & Communications candidates as below:
Key Requirements for Consideration
- Enthusiasm for NatureKids BC’s mission and strategic directions
- Commitment to advocating for NatureKids BC, attending board meetings, and participating in working groups
- Positive attitude, willingness to be flexible and an openness to learning
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to work well both independently and as a part of a diverse team
- Experience with marketing and (digital) communications with skills to support the team in operationalizing growth strategies
The following would be considered assets but not requirements
- Knowledge of the Child in Nature movement and community
- CRM database design, process automation, technology platforms to grow visibility of the organization and build longer term relationships with multiple audiences
- Experience with charitable organizations and governance, or willingness to learn
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and best practices, or willingness to learn
If you think you would be a good fit for the organization, we would love to hear from you! Please submit your resume along with your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of May 2021.