View a list of upcoming and past Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
- This event has passed.
GREAT BACKYARD BIRD COUNT
Learn to identify those fascinating feathered visitors with local birding expert Cathy Koot and Environmental Educators Kim Zalay and Bill Gilroy. Short ID introduction with frozen and stuffed specimens to compare with bird books. Count birds at the Nature House feeders and play a game to learn about the different types of beaks that birds have.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days. (Friends are welcome if space permits.)
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.