View a list of upcoming and past Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
- This event has passed.
January 27 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Tracks in the Snow
Join our very own Christy Wright for an afternoon of snowshoeing. We’ll look at and learn about different animal tracks and signs in the snow.
Location: Larch Hills
Notes: Be prepared to pay $5 for Larch Hills Nordic to use the snow shoe trails. Bring own snow shoes or rent from John’s Ski shack (part way up the mountain). Dress for the weather, bring water and a snack.
PLEASE RSVP before Sunday January 20th, 2019.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days. (Friends are welcome if space permits.)
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.