View a list of upcoming and past Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
- This event has passed.
December 15, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
The Christmas Bird Count for Kids is a fun winter birdwatching event for kids and families. Join us to learn about birds, connect with young naturalists, and become a Citizen Scientist!
NatureKids BC has a proud tradition of participating in this event initiative for the past 8 years. Our clubs organize more bird counts for CBC4Kids than any other organization in North America! We can’t wait to be involved again.
We’ll be holding our Salmon Arm event on December 15.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days. (Friends are welcome if space permits.)
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.