Explorer Days are nature-related outings organized by each club’s volunteer leader(s). Most clubs have Explorer Days once a month. For some Explorer Days, you may build nets and go pond dipping for aquatic insects; on others, you may go explore a local tide pool, learn about mushrooms in a forest, paint, or go bird watching. View a list of upcoming and past Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
- This event has passed.
January 23 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Enchanted Forest Walk!
For our next explorer day we look forward to an Enchanted Forest Walk near the Hanson’s house. We will walk the trails playing games, move through the forest with owl eyes, raccoon hands and deer ears and exploring and end with a potluck campfire. If you’re coming, please bring something you can share (e.g. hot dog, marshmallow, tea). Please be dressed to be crawling/sitting outdoors. Please RSVP and let us know if you can make it!
Location: Rogers Road, Vernon (exact address to be sent closer to the date)
To bring: Clothes you can explore in (think on your hands and knees), something to eat or drink to share (e.g. marshmallows, hot dogs, tea). We will have a campfire and/or stove to use.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- First and foremost: be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days. (Friends are welcome if space permits.)
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping (feel free to fill it out prior to your event!) and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- To take part in any Explorer Day, all children must be accompanied by an adult guardian, who are responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen (if needed!), snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.