View a list of upcoming and past Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
- This event has passed.
August 30 - September 2
Nicomekl NatureKids Long Weekend Camp
Friday, August 30 – Monday, Sept. 2, 2018
Location: Cowichan River Provincial Park, Horseshoe Bend Group Campground
Join us for our annual summer weekend camp! It will be for 3 nights, with nature hikes, nature games, botany, river dipping, nature arts & crafts, swimming, night walks, and more. Families bring all their own supplies (tent or tent trailer, sleeping bags, camp stove, food, etc.).
NOTE: Minimum age at this camp is 5 – no younger siblings.
Space is limited – register by email early if you want to come. Once registration is full, we will start a waiting list.
Subsidized cost is $35 per family.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days. (Friends are welcome if space permits.)
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.