View a list of upcoming and past Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
- This event has passed.
January 12 @ 10:20 am - 12:00 pm
O.W.L. tour & Raptor Hunt
Leaders: O.W.L. staff & Al Grass
First, we will have an outdoor tour of the aviaries at OWL (www.owlrehab.org) to learn about all their owls, hawks, falcons & eagles. Cost is a $5 donation per person. NOTE: SPACE IS LIMITED, so register early if you want to come.
Then we will go out on the dyke with Al to search for wild raptors. After the raptor hunt, you are welcome to join Al & Anthea at the Skyhawk restaurant at Boundary Bay airport, where you can buy a tasty lunch (skyhawkrestaurant.ca).
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days. (Friends are welcome if space permits.)
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.