View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
September 13, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Canoeing at Kokanee!
We will be learning about the parts of the canoe, different paddling strokes and enjoying the beautiful scenery of Kootenay Lake together. This week, nature mentor and experienced paddler Carly Ristow will be leading us. All abilities are welcome.
We will be renting boats from Kokanee Park Marina at 5110 Highway 3A. Let’s meet there and we can go down to the water together.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.