View a list of upcoming and past Explorer Days* and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
*Currently, in response to COVID-19 and to ensure the safety and health of our member families, NatureKids BC is temporarily shifting in-person gatherings to online and virtual resources and interactions. Our Explorer Days will be virtual for the time being, and we look forward to resuming our group gatherings in the future!
- This event has passed.
August 24, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Animal Tracks and Tracking
This month we are happy to welcome Dave White, our local community coordinator for WildSafe BC. We’re going to learn about our wildlife neighbours, how to identify tracks and sign, and how to stay safe while out for a hike or in our own backyards. We’ll play games, check out some interesting artifacts, and get tips for staying safe if we encounter a wild animal.
This event is open to all club members as well as anyone attending an Explorer Day for the first time. Feel free to bring a friend!
We will meet at 10am at Davies Street Park in Nelson. Please try to arrive a few minutes early to sign in.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.