View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
January 19, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Family Friendly Snowshoeing Adventure!
We are very happy to welcome back local environmental educator Shanoon Bennett, who will lead us on a snowy exploration of animal habitat and winter survival strategies. Have you ever wondered how animals meet their needs for food and shelter all winter long? We’ll be treated to an afternoon of discovery, fun and games, and some great exercise too!Thanks to continued financial support from the RDCK, all equipment is provided.
Location: Meet at 1pm at the parking area for the Busk cross country ski trails. Heading south from Nelson towards Salmo, you turn at the next left past the turnoff to Whitewater. There’s a map here that shows the Busk parking lot: http://nelsonnordicski.ca/
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.