View a list of upcoming and past Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
- This event has passed.
December 30, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am
Christmas Bird Count for Kids!
Join us for a day of citizen science on Sunday Dec 30 @ 9am. We will walk from Brydon Lagoon towards Hi-Knoll Park identifying and counting birds as part of a Canada wide study. All our data will be submitted to Bird Studies Canada. Your family will get a free science lesson in how to identify local bird species, collect scientific data and learn to use binoculars. A special thanks to Gareth Pugh for his help with this event.
To register follow this link: https://form.jotform.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days. (Friends are welcome if space permits.)
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.