View a list of upcoming and past Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
- This event has passed.
Snowshoeing and Winter Ecology
Join us this Sunday, January 20th at 10am for a snowshoe adventure! We’ll be meeting at Stake Lake to snowshoe, take-in a mini scavenger hunt and get some fresh air!
The club will cover the cost of kids snowshoe rentals and parents can rent at Stake Lake for $10. The trail is about 2km round trip. We’ll meet at 10am at the parking lot and start hiking shortly afterwards.
Location: 5140 Lac Le Jeune Road Kamloops, BC V1S 1Z2 From downtown, follow hwy 1W, exist onto copperhead dr and turn left. Turn right onto trans Canada hwy W, which turns into Lac Le Jeun rd. Destination will be on your left (about 20 minutes from downtown).
Please here so we can bring enough hot drinks and rentals. We’ll have some thermoses of kid-friendly hot drinks, so feel free to bring a mug! Come join us for some fun on the trails!
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days. (Friends are welcome if space permits.)
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.