View a list of upcoming and past Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
- This event has passed.
EASTERN FRASER VALLEY
December 1, 2018 @ 4:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Join us on Dec 1 as we march in the Chilliwack Christmas Parade! Our theme, of course, is Nature and our goal, of course, is to have the least amount of impact. We are asking that everyone come prepared with something; a decorated scooter/bike or wagon; maybe an umbrella decorated with lights? Marla and I will be making two signs for us to use and will need a couple volunteers to help us carry them!! Be creative and have fun.
Where: Evergreen Hall
When: December 1st
Time: 4:30/5: pizza dinner
5:30: meet at walkers tent to wait for our turn
6: parade starts
Location, parade details and parking: There is no parking at Evergreen Hall. There is option to drop off and Marla and I can be available to help with kids if you need. The route takes us back to Evergreen Hall. The route is about a hour long. We’d like to engage with the kids at the parade and are looking for some suggestions on what to hand out…. originally we thought candy canes, but thought maybe we could brainstorm something different…. thoughts?
Also, please be prepared for rain. It seems to rain every year. I love the idea of showing off how our group will run rain or shine though!
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days. (Friends are welcome if space permits.)
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.