View a list of upcoming and past Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
- This event has passed.
January 27 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Wildwood Forest Exploration
We will meet at the Piercy Road entrance. Head towards Inland Island Highway out Piercy Road in the Dove Creek area. Before you get to Forbidden Plateau Road, you should see the entrance to Wildwood Forest on your right. There is parking along the road and in a small pull out on the left side across from the entrance. Please be very careful with parking and kids on the road as it can be a busy stretch. We will meet a few steps into the forest so as to keep the group off the road.
I’ll send out a few more details and weather update in the days leading up to the event. We typically go ahead in all weather, with the exception being high winds in this type of forested environment.
Please let me know if you will be attending so I have a sense of numbers and who to expect.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days. (Friends are welcome if space permits.)
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.