View a list of upcoming and past Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
- This event has passed.
Tsolum River Investigation
We will explore the Headquarters of the Townsite Park in Merville, check out the Fitzgerald Trail and learn about the Tsolum River, as well as the history of this area as one of the first townsites in the Comox Valley. Laura O’Brian from the Tsolum River Reservation Society will be our Nature Mentor.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days. (Friends are welcome if space permits.)
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.