Explorer Days are nature-related outings organized by each club’s volunteer leader(s). Most clubs have Explorer Days once a month. For some Explorer Days, you may build nets and go pond dipping for aquatic insects; on others, you may go explore a local tide pool, learn about mushrooms in a forest, paint, or go bird watching. View a list of upcoming and past Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
AGM // VANCOUVER
May 25 @ 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
NatureKids BC Annual General Meeting
This year’s AGM is a family friendly event especially for NatureKids BC members. Come learn more about what we have been up to over the past year and participate in electing our Board of Directors. There will be an Explorer Day from 1:00pm-2:30pm and the AGM will follow from 2:30pm-3:30pm. There will be an activity to entertain our little members during the AGM.
Jude and Al Grass will lead a Colour in Nature program
Saturday May 25, 2019
Location: Stanley Park Ecology Society (610 Pipeline Rd, Vancouver, BC V6G 1Z4)
Explorer Day 1:00pm-2:30pm (outside)
AGM: 2:30pm-3:30pm (inside)
All current members of NatureKids BC are invited to attend the AGM and to participate in this important annual celebration and brief business meeting. Come meet your NatureKids BC volunteer Board of Directors, staff, other members and club leaders. During the meeting we will elect the 2019/202 Board of Directors and attend to other NatureKids BC business.
If you are not able to join the meeting, the 2018 Annual Report, Financial Statements, and a listing of the elected Board of Directors will be posted on www.naturekidsbc.ca following the meeting.
We hope to see you there!
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- First and foremost: be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days. (Friends are welcome if space permits.)
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping (feel free to fill it out prior to your event!) and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- To take part in any Explorer Day, all children must be accompanied by an adult guardian, who are responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen (if needed!), snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.