View a list of upcoming and past Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
Events for February 16, 2019
Events Search and Views Navigation
Snowshoe and River Otter Tracking Join us and our Nature mentor, Derek Wilmott, for a short 20 minute snowshoe to little Joe Creek to see how many animal tracks we can spot. In the past, there have been families of river otters spotted in this creek and they leave behind evidence of their comings and […]Find out more »
Notice Nature We are pleased to welcome Judith Robertson as our Nature Mentor next month. Judith is a trained Teacher and Art Therapist. She has 25+ years of Outdoor Education with youth, and currently is a staff trainer for Outward Bound Instructors leading wilderness expeditions. She is also an Art Therapist and runs nature based […]Find out more »
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days. (Friends are welcome if space permits.)
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.