Explorer Days are nature-related outings organized by each club’s volunteer leader(s). Most clubs have Explorer Days once a month. For some Explorer Days, you may build nets and go pond dipping for aquatic insects; on others, you may go explore a local tide pool, learn about mushrooms in a forest, paint, or go bird watching. View a list of upcoming and past Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
Events for February 3, 2019
Events Search and Views Navigation
Enchanted Forest Walk Join us for an Enchanted Forest Walk! We will play games, move through the forest with owl eyes, raccoon hands and deer ears and end with a campfire! Location: Rogers Road, Vernon (exact address to be sent closer to the date) To bring: Clothes you can explore in (think on your hands […]Find out more »
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- First and foremost: be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days. (Friends are welcome if space permits.)
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping (feel free to fill it out prior to your event!) and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- To take part in any Explorer Day, all children must be accompanied by an adult guardian, who are responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen (if needed!), snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.