View a list of upcoming and past Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
Events for January 19, 2019
Events Search and Views Navigation
A TURTLY Awesome Explorer Day! Join us and learn about turtles who live in our area. We will adventure around the Great Blue Heron Reserve, helping clear nesting grounds. Nature Mentor Maja (Maya) from Wildlife Preservation Canada will join us to show us all about Painted Turtles. Celebrate these beautiful creatures and help us restore their habitat […]Find out more »
Family Friendly Snowshoeing Adventure! We are very happy to welcome back local environmental educator Shanoon Bennett, who will lead us on a snowy exploration of animal habitat and winter survival strategies. Have you ever wondered how animals meet their needs for food and shelter all winter long? We'll be treated to an afternoon of discovery, […]Find out more »
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days. (Friends are welcome if space permits.)
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.