View a list of upcoming and past Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
Events for December 9, 2018
Events Search and Views Navigation
Christmas Bird Count for Kids! The Christmas Bird Count for Kids (CBC4Kids) is a fun, family-friendly winter bird count event to celebrate birds while engaging youth and their families in real Citizen Science! The first CBC4Kids was established in 2007 by Sonoma Birding in California. The successful, annual event, now partnered with Bird Studies Canada, […]Find out more »
Christmas Bird Count for Kids! The Christmas Bird Count for Kids is a fun winter bird watching event for kids and families. Join us to learn about birds, connect with young naturalists, and become a Citizen Scientist! NatureKids BC has a proud tradition of participating in this event initiative for the past 8 years. Our clubs […]Find out more »
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days. (Friends are welcome if space permits.)
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.