View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
June 1, 2018 @ 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm PDT
The kind owners of a ranch at 143 Mile House whose bat colonies are being monitored in the BC Community Bat Program have extended an invitation to WLFN club members to witness and participate in counting the evening bat emergence.
It’s about a half hour drive and we count for one hour at official sunset. Dress warmly and bring a chair if you like. Flashlights can be used to access the site but not during the count. This trip is weather dependent as it can’t be raining during the survey. Alternative date is June 2, same time and place. Please bring a sit-upon and dress for mosquitos and maybe cool temps as it gets dark.
Location: Meet at the entrance to Scout Island NC at 8:00pm
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.