View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
June 6, 2017 @ 7:00 pm PDT
Rivers to Oceans Evening Presentation – June 6 at 7pm at the Nature House
Patrick Newsome, summer staff previous 4 years and resident expert on the Oceans Tank, will be leading this event. The presentation will be followed by a chance to release a Chinook Salmon (1 per child) into the river for its journey to the Fraser and then the Ocean.
Please call 250 398 8532 to register to attend Limit number of participants is 25 (or it will be too crowded around the tank)
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.