View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
What Bug Is That? (Virtual Explorer Day)
June 16, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 11:45 am PDT
What bug is that?
Join us and North Vancouver Club leader Tricia Edgar for a virtual bug hunt. We’ll examine the world of forest invertebrates, sometimes known as bugs! How are they well-adapted to the coastal temperate rainforest, and what invertebrates can you expect to find in the areas around your home? We’ll have a quick introduction to invertebrates, then we’ll head out into the forest on a live bug search so that you can see some of our local invertebrates close up.
Join us here:
Meeting ID: 842 9008 0009
By phone: +1 778 907 2071
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.