View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
VIRTUAL EXPLORER DAY – A Conversation Youth Environmental Changemakers
- 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Each of our voices can have an impact. Come find out how these young leaders made a difference in the world around them. Register here.
Sofia is a student from Metro Vancouver, British Columbia. She is currently studying Environment and Business at the University of Waterloo. She is passionate about environmental sustainability and showing people that everyone has the ability to make a positive impact on the planet. She has spoken at events ranging from 10 to over 5,000 people on how consumer choices do have the power to create lasting environmental change. She loves introducing people to the power of the outdoors when it comes to inspiring people to want to protect the planet.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.