View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
March 14, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm PDT
Birding Bonanza at Uplands Park/Cattle Point
WHEN: Saturday, March 14th, 2020, 1pm – 3pm,
WHERE: 2900 Beach Drive, Cattle Point, Victoria. Meet by the signage in the Parking Lot.
HOW TO GET THERE: If coming from the North on Highway 17, Take a left on Hillside Avenue and head east until Hillside Ave. turns into Lansdowne Road. Continue on Lansdowne Rd. through the Uplands neighbourhood until you reach Beach Drive. Take a right on Beach Drive and head south until you get to a parking lot along the water. Cattle Point is north of Willows Beach.
BRING: Bring binoculars if you have them and be prepared for weather close to the water. Sometimes it can be windy and exposed!
PREPARATION: If you are interested in getting a head start, here is a list of birds in Uplands Park that was compiled by Geoffre and his dad. https://friendsofuplandspark.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.