View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
March 11, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm PDT
Thriving Roots Wilderness School
Thriving Roots Wilderness School is committed to cultivating regenerative, nature-based culture on Vancouver Island. Through nature-based skills, sensory awareness, gratitude and play, we are building community, deepening connection to the Earth and supporting students in becoming their brightest selves. Our nature mentor will be leading us in games and activities where we will be exploring mindfulness in nature and learning through each other’s observations and experiences.
Where: Mount Douglas Park, Beach parking lot off of Cadboro Bay Road
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.