View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
VANCOUVER – Ivy Pull & Basket Weaving
- 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Ivy Pull and Basket Weaving
We will be heading to the Renfrew Ravine for an invasive ivy pull as well as a basket weaving workshop from 10 am – 12:30 pm. We are thrilled that the Still Moon Arts Society has offered to facilitate this Explorer Day. Some of you may remember them from our Renfrew Ravine Native Planting & Invasive Ivy Pull last fall.
Still Moon Arts Society is an organization that inspires vibrant and connected communities by creating artistic experiences and nurturing a passion for nature. You can find out more about them: https://stillmoonarts.ca/
The first portion of this Explorer Day will be pulling ivy at the ravine so please dress to get messy! Please wear closed-toed shoes and bring rain gear in case of inclement weather.
We will then start the basket weaving part of the Explorer Day. Our nature mentors will give us instructions and assist us in weaving them ourselves. This portion will be inside so please bring a mask & be prepared to show proof of vaccination.
Meeting Location: We will meet at the Colour Me Local Dye Garden on the edge of the Renfrew Ravine (located at 24th & Renfrew).
The capacity for this event is 15 people so we will be registering families on a first come first serve basis. That being said, please remember to notify us if you register for the event and are no longer available to attend & need to cancel to allow for more families to participate.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.