View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
February 2, 2018 @ 5:30 am - 8:30 pm PST
Night-time snowshoeing: legends and lanterns
5:30pm – 8:30pm
Mount Seymour, North Vancouver
Description: Join us on a 2-hour night snowshoe through towering trees to the glowing light of lanterns while enjoying folkloric legends of the forest creatures and the night sky. Lanterns provided but feel free to bring your own!Difficulty: This program is suitable for all ability levels, though participants must be comfortable trekking at night in cool temperatures, and be able to stand and walk for 2 hours on mostly flat snow surface (minimal elevation gain). Ask the coordinator if you have any questions or concerns about your ability level.
Transportation: A bus shuttle is available for $10 roundtrip from Parkgate Community Centre. We may try to arrange carpooling. Please stay tuned for more information.
Please bring: snacks, water, comfortable shoes, hiking or walking poles as necessary, warm clothes and jacket, toque or hat, gloves.
Capacity: 15 registrants.
Free registration includes snowshoe rental.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.