View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
December 7, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm PST
Christmas Bird Count for Kids!
Calling all young birders! Join other youth and experts for this annual bird survey in partnership with Stanley Park Ecology Society (SPES) and Birds Canada. After a quick introduction to bird identification, we shall split into groups and head into the forest and foreshore for a 45-minute bird counting adventure then regroup to share our findings.
Snacks and refreshments are provided! For accompanied children ages 5-14.
This program is free, but you must be registered. RSVP here.
Location: Stanley Park Pavilion, 610 Pipeline Road, Vancouver, BC.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.