View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Second Annual Singing!
Singing Explorer Day is back! In celebration of summer solstice and World Music Day, Vancouver Club member Elana and her son Tobias, and Club co-leader Leslie will be leading us in song. All songs will be taught by call and response so no prior singing experience is needed. Also, please bring your own song choices that can be shared with the group.
Location: Oak Meadows Park is at the northeast corner of Oak St. and 37th Ave. We will meet by the insect hotel at the entrance to the park on 37th Ave. This park is a great place to look for pollinators as well, especially if it’s sunny.
Dress for the weather, and perhaps bring something to sit on in case the grass is wet.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.