View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
Bird Scavenger Hunt in Stanley Park
Join us in Stanley Park for Earth Day celebrations in partnership with the Stanley Park Ecological Society (SPES). We’ll be running a Bird Scavenger Hunt from 1:30-2:30pm. Come and learn about the birds that call Stanley Park home and stay and participate in a full afternoon of events.
Earth Day is celebrated this year on Monday, April 22, but SPES is holding its own celebration on Saturday, April 27 and we invite you to join us at Lost Lagoon to support one of the planet’s most important ecosystems: wetlands! Bring your binoculars for a heron colony tour and tree swallow survey, learn about Indigenous plants in Stanley Park and their traditional and modern-day uses, or join our invasive plant pulls, wetland weaving workshops, and kids zone – all complemented by our famous Earth cookies and Ethical Bean coffee.
See the full schedule here: http://stanleyparkecology.ca/event/spes-earth-day-celebration/
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.