View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
March 12, 2017 @ 9:30 am PDT
Aboriginal Cultural Program (Cheakamus Centre, Squamish) Date and Time: March 12, 2017, from 9:30-3:00 pm
Location: Cheakamus Centre, 2170 Paradise Valley Road, Squamish, BC (driving directions here, about 1.5 hour drive from Vancouver)
Ages: 5 years old and up
Cost: $35.00 per person for the first 20 registrants that submit payment by Friday, February 24th.
Check out this lovely short video that provides an overview of the this one-day cultural program. Families will experience a traditional Coast Salish Bighouse and the beautiful Cheakamus river surroundings, with Squamish and Lil’wat Nation members leading workshops in traditional arts and making lunch together over the fire using traditional methods. See email for agenda.
Please RSVP through the link provided by email.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.