View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Get involved with a real pollinator survey as part of NatureKids BC’s province-wide pollinator citizen science project. Come learn all about pollinators as part of the survey.
Read up on how to tell the different pollinator groups apart at: http://www.naturekidsbc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Life-in-the-Flowers-Card-Final_-Web.pdf and come ready to survey!
Other resources can be found at https://www.naturekidsbc.ca/be-a-naturekid/stewardship-citizen-science/pollinators
Please bring a clipboard if you own one and a pencil to fill in the datasheet.
Location: Oak Meadows Park – 899 W 37th Avenue (@ Oak Street)
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.