View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
April 22, 2018 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm PDT
Learn to Camp with Parks Canada
Curious about camping but not sure how to prepare for a trip? Join Parks Canada for information about camping basics such as how to pitch a tent, store food safely, what gear to bring and where to rent it from, and how to stay safe in the woods. We will be meeting at the picturesque Centennial Beach where we we can have a fire on the beach and grill some hotdogs and marshmallows! The Eastern Fraser Valley club will also join us!
Where: Centennial Beach, Boundary Bay Regional Park, Delta – at the Sandpiper picnic shelter
11:00-11:30am Animal Aware
11:30am-12:00 Light Up Your Campfire
12-12:30 Lunch break (grill a hotdog and marshmallow on the fire!)
12:30-1:00 AdventureSmart Hug a Tree
1:00-2:00 Build Up Your Tents And Your Camping Experience
Bring: weather appropriate clothing
More info: http://www.metrovancouver.org/services/parks/parks-greenways-reserves/boundary-bay-regional-park
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.