View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
May 27, 2018 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm PDT
Heron Rookery Tour.
We will go on a walking tour of the heron rookery near the tennis courts in Stanley Park. Our Nature Mentor will teach us about the heron life cycle, the history of the colony, and we’ll look for their blue eggshells and listen for the chicks. Plan to return on your own time in June when the chicks are big enough to be seen in the nests.
Meet at: Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation, 2099 Beach Ave, Vancouver, BC V6G 1Z4
Bring: weather appropriate clothing, binoculars, cameras, spotting scope
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.