View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
June 4, 2017 @ 10:00 am PDT
Our June explorer day is a Garden Adventure with nature mentor Lianne at Inspiration Gardens in Coquitlum.This explorer day will take place on Sunday June 4 from 10 to 11/11:30am.
Lianne will tell us a little about the community garden and will show us the mason bee house to talk about pollination and why pollination is important. Then the kids will go on a scavenger hunt to explore the garden, see different types of plants, and discover some bugs living in the garden (Lianne will provide magnifying glasses to use).
After all the activities, the kids will participate is some volunteer work to help clean up a bit of garbage in the garden to help the community. It’s a great way for kids to learn and enjoy helping out in the community!
Please wear appropriate clothing for the weather.
Please RSVP by June 3.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.