View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
February 3, 2018 @ 2:30 am - 6:00 am PST
Our February Explorer Day will be a Learn to Camp program hosted by Parks Canada! The event will take place inside at the Poirier Library from 10:30am-2pm on Sunday, February 3rd.
The day will consist of the following 3 separate “programs”, with a lunch break for about 20-30 minutes.
1) Build a tent (learn how to set up and take down tents and camp sites)
2) Animal Aware (learn how to safely view wildlife)
3) Winter Ready (learn how to keep active and safe outside in nature during winter) – there will be games with these programs as well!
Please bring lunch and a snack and water! RSVP by January 29th, 2018.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.