View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
September 24, 2017 @ 2:00 am - 3:30 am PDT
Discover the forests that are right in your neighborhood! Come engage your senses and join the City of Coquitlam Park Spark program on a Nature Walk + Planting in Mundy Park. Our day will include walking around the park learning how to identifying different types of trees, planting a tree, and doing a leaf rubbing activity.
Our time together will be from 9:00 am – 10:30 am, Sunday September 24th. We will enter Mundy Park from the Hillcrest parking lot, and meet at the sheltered area near the parking lot. Dress appropriately for the weather by wearing proper hiking shoes, a jacket, and a hat. A snack and water is also recommended for the morning together.
Please rsvp here for the day by September 23rd.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.