View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
July 2, 2017 @ 10:00 am PDT
“Pond Exploration. July 2, 10am -12:30pmMahony Lake Ecological Reserve and White Lake Grasslands Protected Area.
We will hike in from Green Lake Road (north entrance of reserve, close to Nighthawk Vineyards). There is great pond about 20-30 minute slow walk in where we can look for frogs and other aquatic critters. It’s outside the ecological reserve so we are allowed to dipnet there. We did this walk a few years ago, some of you might recall.
Dress for weather. Bring water, lunch, rubber boots for kids, mosquito repellent, sunscreen.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.