View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
January 1, 1970 @ 12:00 am PST
Lead by Paula Rodriguez de la Vega
Spring is here! Lets go exploring.
Next outing: Rock Collectors and Signs of Spring Hike
Date April 9th, 10am – 2pm.
Location: Peachcliff at Okanagan Falls.
Access via the backside (East side) on McClean Creek Road. Park along the road just north of 4062 McClean Creek Road. Hopefully this map link will help:
You can also call/text Paula: 250-809-8152.
We will be hiking to the top of Peachcliff from the back side (east). Along the way we will explore basic geology for kids (rock collecting!) and visiting the abandoned Dusty Mac Mine.
The first part of the hike to the mine is easy, but trail is rough for strollers. After that it’s uphill to the top (no strollers). Emaya made it up to the top last year and it was worth it. We’ll take it nice and slow for the kids.
Bring a lunch, water, sunhat, dress in layers for the weather. Wear long pants to tuck in, just in case the ticks are out.
Please register for the April 9th Explorer Day by following this link:
Hope to see all of you out for some adventure!
If you want to join us just for the first section to the mine, you can!
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.