View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
April 9, 2017 @ 10:00 am PDT
Date: April 9th 10am – 2pm (please arrive 15 minutes early to sign in).Where: Backside of Peachcliff in Okanagan Falls
Access via the backside (East side) on McClean Creek Road. Park along the road just north of 4062 McClean Creek Road.=.
What to bring:
*Dress for the weather (rain or shine).
* Snacks, water, lunch
* wear hiking boots or sturdy shoes.
* Wear long pants that you can tuck into your socks (ticks are out)
* magnifying glasses (if you can find your Nature kids ones).
* Your naturekids passport
We will be exploring rocks, the abandoned Dusty Mac mine, and hiking up Peachcliff.
Does anybody have a gold nugget or fool’s gold? If yes, please bring it to show the kids? The Dusty Mac was a gold mine!
Anyone have a diamond too (maybe in a ring)? They drilled with diamond drill.
No gold panning here… it was a deep mine.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.