View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
September 29, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm PDT
Kettle Valley Rail Trail Bike Ride
Join us for a bike ride from Naramata to Penticton on the Kettle Valley Rail Trail (KVR) – it’s an easy 15km ride on a gradual downhill grade. This would be suitable for kids 6 and older on their own bike, with smaller kids on a bike trailer or on a rear seat.
We’ll meet at Hoodoo Adventures around 10am with our bikes, helmets and backpacks. Hoodoo will shuttle us to Naramata and drop us off at the KVR (I think Arawana would be a good starting point). We’ll then bike back to Penticton, and have a picnic lunch stop along the way.
Hoodoo Adventures has offered us a great deal on a shuttle to Naramata. They will transport you and your bike from Penticton to Naramata for $12 per person (their normal price is $20pp).
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.