View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
February 5, 2017 @ 1:00 pm PST
Sunday, February 5 Snowshoe/walk the Eagle River Nature Trails
RSVP by Feb 1
We’d like to snowshoe/walk the Eagle River Nature Trails starting at 1:00pm in the parking lot. This is an under-visited park (especially in winter), that could offer some great animal tracks and will get us down to the river as well, not to mention the massive Western Red Cedar trees that grace the space there! Here is how to access the park: https://goo.gl/maps/UMZVczufQpA2
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.