View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
SALMON ARM & KAMLOOPS – Salmon Forest
- 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Come out and learn about Salmon at the Adams River from local experts with The Adams River Salmon Society and contribute to helping Salmon by planting trees. BC Rivers Day.
When: September 26, 2021
Time: 1:00- 3:00 pm
Where: Tsútswecw Provincial Park, meet at The Adams River Salmon Society Interpretive cabin
Please dress for the weather and bring water and snack. Be prepared to go hiking, play games and plant trees. Shovels will be provided but if you have one please bring it.
All COVID precautions are in effect including: do not attend if you have been exposed.
Photo credit: Mike Stefiuk
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.