View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
July 7, 2019 @ 10:30 am - 12:30 pm PDT
Invasive bugs and beetles of BC
We will be teaming up with Invasive Species Council of B.C. to teach the children and parents alike about invasive species of bugs, beetles and plants and their impacts on local ecosystems.
Location: The plan will be to meet at the entrance gate of UBC’s Malcolm Knapp Research Forest (14500 Silver Valley Rd, Maple Ridge, BC V4R 2R3). The first half we will be learning about the species and the second half we will venture into the forest to look for them!
Please respond to this email those who can make it. And please remember friends are welcome so ask around and bring along families that might be interested.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.