View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
July 15, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm PDT
Pollinator Citizen Science Day!
A wonderful opportunity to get outside and learn about pollination and the amazing things that bees and other pollinators do – with friends at the Malcolm Knapp Research Forest and Loon Lake Lodge and Conference Centre in Maple Ridge.
Explore with us to find, learn about & collect data on bees and other pollinators for what is sure to be a fun afternoon!
Please let us know if you are coming by RSVPing via RidgeMeadows [at] naturekidsbc.ca – it helps us prepare a better event if we know how many people are coming. Thanks!
All families are welcome to join in on this event. If you are not yet a NatureKids BC member, just print and bring a Member-For-A-Day Guest Pass.
Location: Malcolm Knapp Research Forest, 14500 Silver Valley Rd., Maple Ridge
We will meet at the parking lot/entrance at 12:00. Please note that we will meet regardless of weather, so plan accordingly.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.