View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
February 18, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm PST
The KEEPS program will be our nature mentors for the afternoon as they host “Raptors Rule”. We will meet at the parking lot at 12:45pm. Please note that we will meet regardless of weather, so dress for our West Coast weather. The KEEPS program runs from 1-4pm so if you would like to stay beyond our meeting time of 1-2:30pm, you are more than welcome.
Location: Bell-Irving Hatchery, Kanaka Creek Regional Park in Maple Ridge
More info: http://www.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.